It’s hump day and we are all counting down the hours until the weekend! Some of us will be relaxing, some entertaining and some going out to dance and drink the week of worries away!
I personally plan on staying in, cooking an amazing meal and enjoying some homemade libations 🙂
My new favorite recipe for an at home cocktail? Grilled Spiked Lemonade! And yes it is as delicious as it sounds!
Now I use a spiked lemonade recipe and then I spice it up….. by grilling it! 🙂 I have the luxury of going into my back yard and pulling fresh lemons but lemons from the store work great too!
Items you will need:
- Spiked lemonade recipe – I use this one Bourbon Spiked Lemonade
- Grill – preferably charcoal (we use our smoker for that smoky taste!)
Now before you start the lemonade recipe you are going to want to get grilling – Lemons that is! See below for instructions:
1. Build a two-zone fire in a charcoal grill by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side empty. Pre heat the grill to 400 degrees.
2. Cut your lemons in half, dip them in sugar and place them face first on the grill. Grill until sugar caramelizes, 2 to 4 minutes.
3. When the lemons are cool to touch, squeeze the juice from the lemons into a pitcher.
4. Then get going on the recipe and in no time you will have a refreshing, tasty treat!